Monday, October 8, 2012

Picking Perfect Pumpkins!

We started our pumpkin unit of study today. The children got to pick out a perfect pumpkin to study. They will be drawing their pumpkin in their math journals. We will measure and conduct several experiments.
We will discover if a pumpkin will sink or float!
I will keep you updated on our predictions and outcomes!

 On a funny note....our perfect little pumpkins will also be featured in a very special wedding this week. That's right, our pumpkins have a wedding to attend. My brother in law will be getting married on Thursday 10.11.12....and his future wife asked to borrow our pumpkins for her tables. So today, the kids helped me give the pumpkins a bath and get them ready for the big day. They thought it was hilarious! They were so sweet when I asked them if I could borrow their special pumpkins. They all happily obliged. What a bunch of sweeties!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment