Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Its been a WHILE!

First of all....I hope everyone had a great holiday season. We have been really busy since we got back to school. It has not been easy getting back to the grind but we are managing. 
Since returning to school, we have talked about the winter season. We have discussed how animals and humans prepare for the changing seasons.This week we are having fun talking about snow and blizzards.

Its been really hard to teach about the seasons when its 60 outside!!! I think the kids think their teacher is crazy at times. 

We have also started working really hard on sounding out words with CVC patterns. Today we talked about vowels (only touched on this in the past). We  practiced sounding out words with silent e ( cake, take, make, bake etc.). I have to say they have already blown me away. I think we were ready for a challenge! 

In math, we have been working really hard on solving word problems. We discussed how we can solve and picture problems in our minds. 


I'll apologize for no rotation- I uploaded from my phone ...sorry!

Working on  word families with friends!
Math Journals
You will see in the picture, we are using illustrations to solve mathematical problems in our math journals.

I have attached a few pictures from our first few days back. 
I promise to do better blogging in the coming weeks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment